The Admissions Process
Admission to the Eller Executive MBA requires a combination of application materials submitted by you and others and an interview with the Admissions Committee.
You will need to compile several documents for your application packet, some of which require careful consideration and work. Plan to spend 8 to 12 hours preparing and gathering materials, including 3 to 5 hours in a setting that allows you to write and concentrate.
The Eller Executive MBA is reserved for professionals with 7 or more years of significant experience showing positions of leadership and progressive responsibility.
Employees with less experience may also be admitted if their career history demonstrates leadership potential and successful management of significant projects and assignments. These employees must procure a letter of endorsement from an executive-level supervisor.
Reserving admission for this select group allows for a more advanced curriculum with a focus on executive-level analyses and challenges and creates a class of professionals with equitable levels of experience and industry influence.
Because applicants’ professional experience and accomplishments evidence their business acumen and suitability for an MBA program, the Eller Executive MBA waives GMAT testing.
Required Application Materials
You must submit the following application materials:
- A completed application form (submitted online)
- Your professional resume
- Two essays
- Letters of recommendation and completed recommendation forms from two professional associates
- One copy of official transcripts and one official copy of diploma(s) and/or degree certification both in native language and in English*
- TOEFL score (if English is not your first language)
- An executive letter of endorsement (from a senior manager in your organization) on company letterhead specifying support of your taking time off as required for the program and, if applicable, the organization’s intent to cover program costs. Mail this letter to Eller MBA Admissions at the following address:
- Eller MBA Admissions
The University of Arizona
McClelland Hall, Room 210
PO Box 210108
Tucson, AZ 85721
- Eller MBA Admissions
* We will accept unofficial versions of your transcripts and/or degree certifications for initial evaluation purposes only and this acceptance does not eliminate the need for official documents to be submitted. Also include a copy of the grading scale or transcript key for each institution transcript. Refer to the UA Graduate College transcript requirements for more information.
If the Admissions Committee identifies you as a viable program candidate after reviewing your complete application, we will contact you to schedule an interview before our final admission decision.
The Admissions Committee will not review partially complete applications.
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona Institution Code)
Please print the Admissions Checklist first, which includes important details to help streamline the application process.
For additional information, please contact us.