David J. Kempson
Eller Executive MBA '09
- Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University
What made you decide to come back to school?
I have always wanted my graduate degree, but the busy pace of serving as an officer in the military reserves while holding down a full-time job and raising a family made that difficult. I hope to improve my business acumen, especially in finance and accounting, so that I can better relate to my peers in our organization.
Why did you choose Eller?
Eller offered the executive MBA program that allowed me to complete a world-class MBA in only 14 months and do so with a knowledgeable, experienced cohort from whom I could learn so much.
What is your favorite thing about Eller?
The professors have been great! They all have a good mix of academics and real-world experience. They are all approachable and generous with their time.
What positions have you held in the past? With what companies?
- CIO & VP, Technology with Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Deputy CIO, Maricopa County
- CIO, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Applications Director, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Manager of Air Quality Compliance, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Bioenvironmental Engineer and Medical Readiness Officer, 161st Medical Group, Arizona Air National Guard
What has been your most rewarding career experience?
It’s a tie: 1) Participating in the financial and operational turnaround of the Maricopa Integrated Health system; and 2) Planning and leading a military medical humanitarian mission to Romania.
Meet other Executive Eller MBA students and alumni or contact us for more information.