MBA Consulting Project Overview
To connect graduate business students with organizations to provide real solutions to tough problems and allow students opportunities to build additional skills and share their business experience with potential employers.
Business Skills/Training Sourced
- Management and operations
- Management informatoin systems
- Strategy and innovation
Project Time Frame
- August – December (fall semester), or
- January – May (spring semester)
Lead time is three to six months in advance of desired semester.
Consulting Project Structure
Teams of three to five students devote 10-12 hours per student per week (total of 600+ hours per semester) tackling a difficult business challenge complete with in-depth research to produce data driven solutions.
The projects are supervised and led by a team of faculty and staff:
- Program director ensures quality process and deliverable
- Faculty advisor provides content expertise
- Business communications faculty polish delivery of report and presentation
- Business/organization point of contact/liaison provides team guidance for an average of 1-2 hours per week.
Project scope is a collaboratively developed statement of work between Eller staff and the sponsoring organization.
- Semester kickoff meetings are held in January and August
- Schedule a meeting with Evie M. Conlon, Assistant Director for Experiential Learning: contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520.621.9400 to discuss your business needs
- Develop one- to two-page scope of work and sign a “letter of intent to sponsor”